Join CM’10 as a volunteer! We’re looking for enthusiastic participants from communities around the country who want more than the average conference experience. If you’re interested in learning more about CommunityMatters®, meeting conference speakers and presenters, or just want to get behind the scenes and get involved, volunteering is your ticket to ride.
Volunteers will receive free admission to the conference for the day(s) they are working. If you choose to volunteer for the whole conference, your registration fees will be waived entirely! You’ll be asked to work 4 hours of each day you volunteer—the rest is yours to enjoy and participate in the conference. Please note that you do need to be available for the entire day, since you may not work a consecutive 4-hour shift and we won’t be able to assign time slots until the fall. CommunityMatters will not cover travel, lodging or food for volunteers, aside from meals provided during the conference.
Volunteer roles may include:
- Speaker Allies – help speakers set up and prepare for sessions and help them wrangle presentation materials before and after presentations.
- Breakout Session Specialists – help coordinate panelists and get everyone situated before and after breakout sessions.
- Registration Table Ringleaders – be on the front lines of welcoming participants.
- Community Sandbox Ambassadors – direct people to the tools and resources that interest them the most.
- Technology Mavens – provide audio/visual and Internet assistance to conference staff, presenters and attendees.
- Special Events Accomplices – greet attendees and point them towards interesting conversation and refreshments.
- And many more!
Contact us for more information.